L’Oreal Philippines announced the Brandstorm Award Winners 2018
Last April 12, L’Oreal Philippines finally awarded the winners of Brandstorm 2018 who will be representing our country next month at the worldwide finals. Held at Marco Polo Hotel in Ortigas, L’Oreal Philippines presented the eight (8) teams, out of the 1,100 teams (3,500 players) from over 30 universities across the country, who were subsequently selected to compete. This year’s finalists were:
- Team C^3 from University of the Philippines – Diliman
- Team L’Ocked In from De La Salle University – Manila
- Team LoREALTalk from Ateneo de Manila University
- Team Tala from De La Salle University – Manila
- Team RegSteffiJe from University of the Philippines – Diliman
- Team Bellus from University of the Philippines – Visayas
- Team Totally L’Oréal from University of the Philippines – Diliman
- Team TS1 from University of the Philippines – Diliman
Just a glimpse of background about Brandstorm. It started in 1992 in 60 countries, being one of the largest student competitions in the world that has been an innovation-incubator for some of the most promising talents in the industry. The annual competition then started in the Philippines in 2009. In 2012, the Philippines bagged the Global Championship, besting finalists from over 40 other countries.
On its 10th year, L’Oreal Philippines challenged the Brandstormers, who are students from all over the Philippines, to re-imagine and re-invent the professional salon experience of the future by creating breakthrough innovations that combines the application of the most modern technologies to attract and engage millennials as well as increase hairdressers’ loyalty.
“L’Oreal Brandstorm has always stood as an innovation-incubator for some of the most promising talents in the industry. It is always inspiring to see what students come up with their fresh perspectives and forward-looking insights”, shares Tina Ampil, L’Oreal Philippines General Manager for Human Resources.
This year’s L’Oreal Brandstorm National Champion who will be representing our country in Brandstorm Championship on May 17 is Team C3 from University of the Philippines Diliman. Runner ups on the other hand are Team Bellus from University of the Philippines Visayas (1st Runner Up) and Team Tala from De La Salle University Manila (2nd Runner Up). There were also some special awards given.
- People’s Choice Award was given – Team Tala from De La Salle University
- Team Spirit Award – Team Bellus form Univerity of the Philippines Visayas
- Best Speaker Award – Coleen Chua of Team C^3
- CSR Award – Team RegSteffiJe from University of the Philippines Diliman
- Integrated Marketing Communications Award – Team Tala
- Tech Innovation Award – Team C^3
Last year’s Brandstorm Worldwide Championship winners were from Singapore, Thailand and Brazil. Will Philippines once again bring home the title? Let’s support our representatives. Stay tune for updates by following L’Oreal Philippines on Facebook.