SM Southmall launches its Jogger’s Lane in partnership with Boysen and Unilever
Southies can now achieve their fitness goals at SM Southmall as they open ther first mall perimeter running track in the south — the Joggers’ Lane — in partnership with Boysen and Unilever. And to officially open the Joggers’ Lane, SM Southmall is hosting the first-ever Leap Year Run in the south on February 29, 2020.
“SM Southmall created the Joggers’ Lane to celebrate the existing community of fitness enthusiasts who frequent the mall complex every morning to jog and exercise together,”said Berniece Baculi, AVP for Operations, SM Southmall.
Perfect for light runs to longer training sessions for novice marathoners, the Joggers’ Lane, painted by Boysen, encompasses 1.1KM. The lane also features catchy and encouraging fitness quotes by Unilever, seen at every corner of the complex. To be more accessible to the South community, SM Southmall has also opened select restaurants for breakfast.
The Leap Year Run 2020
To officially open the lane, SM Southmall invites you to celebrate the Leap Year Run with family and friends! Join the run on February 29, 5 –7 AM. To register, just present a purchase receipt, single or accumulated, worth Php 1,000 from any SM Southmall store and get a free singlet and giveaway!
How to Register?
- Register at the SM Southmall Event Center or online: https://bit.ly/2SNqZQU from February 14 – 28, 2020.
Note: Participants must be 7 years old and above on the race day to participate.
- Present a purchase receipt, single or accumulated, with a minimum purchase of Php 1,000 from any SM Southmall store.
- Choose your race category: 1 KM / 3 KM / 5 KM
- Sign the waiver to get a confirmation form and course map.
Leap Year Run Mechanics
- Present the confirmation form at the assembly area located at SM Southmall’s North East Front Parking (near San Isidro Labrador Parish & Door 6 entrance) on February 29, 2020, from 5:00 am – 7:00 am only.
- Participants will receive their singlet, official race bib indicating their chosen category & track number on the race day.
- Program will start at 7:00 am. Participants in all categories will run simultaneously.
- For 1 KM category, participants will run one (1) full round to finish the lap.
- For 3 KM category, participants will run three (3) full rounds to finish the lap.
- For 5 KM category, participants will run five (5) full rounds to finish the lap.
Note: For 3 KM and 5 KM categories, participants will receive color coordinated lap loops to monitor the number of rounds they have finished. Red lap loops for 3 KM category and Green for 5 KM category.
4. Each category will have three (3) winners; Champion, Runner-up, and 3rd placer.
- Champions will receive Php 3,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates and medal.
- Runners-up will receive Php 2,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates and medal.
- 3rd placers will receive Php 1,000 worth of SM Gift Certificates and medal.
- All finishers will receive a certificate at the end of the event.
5. In case of a tie, the participant with the highest value of receipt/s declared in the registration form shall be deemed the winner.
6. A DTI representative will be present on the day of the event.
7. Employees of SM Southmall and Event Organizer are disqualified to join including their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity or affinity.
This run is in partnership with Boysen, Unilever, Bounce, Buku Buku Kafe, and Popeye’s.