It’s all about giving and caring this Christmas at SM Supermalls
As ‘ber’ months roll in, Christmas carols are everywhere and dazzling lights started to dot in every street. Today marks the 100 Days ’til Christmas and what a better way to celebrate the yuletide season than giving and caring. This year may not be as festive as the previous years, but we could still make it a meaningful one. SM Supermalls kickstart the 100 days Christmas countdown with a pledge to give and care entitled “100 days of Caring” — featuring 100 days of spreading love, thoughtfulness, and care for one another and for the communities surrounding our favorite SM malls.
100 Days of Caring
SM pledged to donate to over 10,000 beneficiaries, namely communities in need, hardworking SM employees, medical frontliners and dedicated delivery partners, among others. Some of the beneficiaries and their partner malls are as follows:
- SM North EDSA is giving 100 pairs of World Balance rubber shoes to seniors from Graces Home for the Elderly in Quezon City.
- SM Megamall, The Podium, and SM Center Pasig chose delivery partners who will be recipients of 100 raincoats and rain boots.
- From SM Mall of Asia, 100 sets of care packages like face masks, face shields, Ensure milk, vitamins, supplements, and more, will be handed over to senior citizens within the community.
- SM Southmall chose SOS Children’s Villages as to receive various story and educational books.
- Metro Manila and Rizal malls chose several orphanages, namely: Associacion De Damas Filipinas, Bahay Aruga, White Cross Orphanage, and The Little Children’s Home to receive 100 toys and essential goods each, especially prepared by SM City Manila, SM City San Lazaro, SM City Sta. Mesa, SM City Taytay and SM Center Angono.
- In North Luzon, 100 Aeta families from Zambales and Tarlac will be given grocery packs by SM City Olongapo Downtown, SM City Olongapo Central, and SM City Tarlac; fishermen in Pangasinan will be handed with fishing supplies by SM City Rosales, SM City Urdaneta Central, and SM Center Dagupan; while select tricycle and jeepney drivers in Bulacan will be given 100 pairs of shoes by SM City Marilao, SM City Baliwag, and SM Center Pulilan.
- SM City Bacoor will give 100 brail books to the Deaf & Blind Foundation Philippines.
- In the Visayas, SM City Cebu will bring smiles to kids of Kythe Foundation with 100 toys; while SM City Iloilo will give 100 25kg sacks of rice to healthcare and peace & order frontliners. SM City Puerto Princesa on the other hand, will have 100 grocery bags to displaced tourism personnel.
- SM City Davao and SM Lanang Premier will be handing out 100 farming tools to local farmers; while SM City Butuan will be giving 100 Fiesta Food Packs to Por Cristo Foundation, Inc.
During the virtual launch of the 100 Days of Caring, SM reminded us of the gift that we shouldn’t forget — the gift for our mental health. During this pandemic, our physical health isn’t just the ones at risk, but our mental health as well. The stress and anxiety that these tough times bring can affect our mental being. And since SM believes in the value of taking care of our mental health, Dr. Gia Sison, MD DPCOM gave a ‘Call to Share’ talk during the virtual launch. Dr. Gia Sison is a mental health advocate and co-founder of PH Leader Livestrong Foundation. Her talk centered on how to cope during this stressful time and still find hope in a better tomorrow.
100 voices that care
If there’s one thing that binds us all Filipinos together, it’s our passion and love for music. While we may not be allowed to have big gatherings this year, SM entertained the audience with the performance of the 3 Divas – Rahda, Frenchie and Bituin Escalante; later on joined by 100 artists, singers, and SM employees and stakeholders who came together to sing during the virtual launch on Sept 16.
Times may be tough, and we may be all apart from our loved ones, but let’s be reminded what this season truly means. To view the event, go to @WatchSM on YouTube.
For more information, bookmark www.smsupermalls.com and follow @smsupermalls on all social media accounts.